So.....
Without further delay, the winner of a copy of Treasuring God in Your Traditions by Noel Piper is Erin Butler. Congrats Erin, I know you are basking in the florida sun, but when you get back to reality and frozen Iowa I will get you the book!
Micah and I have been alone this week as Jason went to Indiana for a week long conference on Christian counseling. I am truly excited that Jason got the opportunity to go to this conference (for free, I might add!), but I am more excited to see his happy face in a couple days! Micah and I have both missed 'daddy' like crazy! While the time away has made me feel even more love for my husband, I could not be away from him on a consistent basis, nor could I raise a child on my own! I've gotta give it to all you single moms out there, I truly don't know how you do it!
Micah has been awesome, don't get me wrong, but I need my husband. I was created to have a man who loves me, who leads our home and who protects us. I am so thankful for all that Jason does.
As if this post couldn't get more random, I thought I'd throw a couple of pictures from Micah's first baking experience. (this was a week or so ago now) I wish I could say that the cookies we made turned out great, but they were a total flop. I even wrote in the recipe book, 'not good' next to the recipe I used. Oh well, at least we had fun making them!
Micah is in love with the Kitchen Aide...whenever he sees it he says 'whoa!' Now that he's seen what it can do, I think he is even more enamored.
Not the most flattering picture of me, but you'll have that these days ;) I love the expression on Micah's face...you can see him saying 'whoa!' inside his little brain!

You can't bake cookies without tasting the batter!
3 comments:
I hope Jason enjoyed the conference... I do wonder how close he was to Kentucky since parts of Indiana are right across the bridge (about 10 minutes away)! If he comes back anytime in the future we'd love to have coffee with him... and maybe he should just bring you all too!
Cute, Dollie! Maybe he's gonna be a chef?!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment