Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fashion and Fun

Jason celebrated his birthday this week. We spent the weekend before celebrating with his dad and step-mom, and this coming weekend his mom, sister, and nephew will be coming up to celebrate both Jason, and his mom's, birthdays.
We spent his birthday as a family, and enjoyed every minute of it...including nap time ;)
We have a re-usable 'Happy Birthday' banner. I've decided to start hanging it up for everyone's birthday, just to make the day that much more fun. It may sound cheesy, but the boys love it! I just remember how much I loved coming downstairs on my birthday, anticipating the day ahead. You feel special for one day. I want my kids to experience that excitement too.
We took our annual trip to Donutland to start off the morning of his birthday. Jason and I have been celebrating this tradition since we moved to Iowa. Until a few months ago Iowa City didn't have a donut shop, so we have always made the trek to Cedar Rapids for Donutland donuts.
It's a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant. They only take cash or check, and when the donuts are gone, they're gone! Did I mention they're good?!?!
The boys love it, naturally.
Since we had eaten our share of sweets in the morning, we just had some ice cream after supper, no cake. Micah enjoyed helping Jason blow out the candles!
Happy Birthday babe, we love you!

Here are some random pictures of the boys playing outside.
This winter has been so mild, that we've been able to play outside in light jackets a few different days. So weird, and so fun!


Here is our little trend setter. He came out one morning like this. Swim trunks, dress shoes, and cowboy boots on his hands. Silly boy!

A few weeks ago we decided to have a 'family movie night'. It had been a long week, but the natives were restless. So, we popped some popcorn, cut up some apples, and snacked on Girl Scout Cookies, all while watching a movie.
It was fun! I look forward to many more 'movie nights' with our boys.

"Cheese!"


There he goes again, setting all kinds of trends. This was more of a balancing act, but funny nonetheless. I need to find that book about the man who wore all of the hats and get it at the library. I'm sure Micah would love it!

What do you do when you have two kids with cabin fever, one of which is teething and has an ear infection?!?!?! Put them in the bath tub and give them popsicles! They LOVED it! And I loved eating the rest of Jude's...Edy's Natural Fruit Popsicles...yum!

No comments: