Friday, December 12, 2008

Why?

Why do I wait to go to wal-mart until I have a list a mile long that I can't get anywhere else? Why do I end up spending a million dollars and still manage to miss something on my list?
Why are their prices so much better than anywhere else? Stinkin' Sam Walton or whatever his name was.

Why are R.W.Knudson Mango Fandango Spritzers so amazingly delicious? Why do they cost so much?

Why does one smile from my son make up for all the crying? Why is he so cute? Why?

Why does Christmas leave us frazzled? Why can't we all just hang out, play games, eat and laugh (at each other or with each other)? Why has Christmas gone from celebrating the birth of our Savior to hustle and bustle?

Why do I feel like our house is closing in around us from all the clutter? Why can't I find time or energy to clean up and throw away things? Why am I sitting here blogging instead of cleaning up and throwing away?

Why do I care so much about what others think of my mothering skills? Why didn't I care about what others thought of me before I became a mother and all of the sudden I can't stop feeling paranoid? Why do we have hormones?

Why did I schedule a dentist appointment and ob/gyn appointment two days, back to back? Why? Why do I have a cavity? grr. AND Why do they have to do an 'exam' just weeks after giving birth?...double grr.

Why was I blessed with such a caring and loving husband that puts up with all my crap? Why does he know whats best for us? Why does he love me in spite of myself?

Sorry for all the questions...as you can tell my mind has been rather busy today.

3 comments:

The Chidisters said...

I got you beat on one of them...I scheduled an Ob/Gyn appt. and dentist appointment on the SAME day. WHY??? I am already dreading Monday....ahhh! Don't be too hard on yourself. You are a great mom and it is normal to question yourself. I question myself ALL the time...still. I think that is where the "trusting the Lord" thing comes into play =). Take care...we'll see you tonight!

The Isbells said...

When you figure out the answer to all of this, let me know - because I'm still trying to figure it out! Especially the part about mothering and those spritzers... dang those are good. :P I always have to wonder if the women of Bible times worried about such things - we have too many books today...

Prachar family said...

Your blog sounds like a day with Alayna: why,why, why!! I love it...would chalk alot of it up to hormones!! Can't wait to ask God that one too! Hang in there and remember God's opinion is the only one that matters! Love ya!