Tuesday a.m. Micah and I headed over to Bridget's house for some play time with friends. When we got home I put Micah down for a nap and then made myself some lunch. In an effort to eat better I made a salad...something I may not eat for a very long time!
Here's where the great week turned a corner. About 3pm we went on a walk with "daddy" and my stomach started hurting really bad. By the time I put Micah down for bed I was crying because I felt so bad. Those of you who know me well know that I cry when I feel really really sick...and that I HATE this! I decided to stay home from Faith Family...smart move. I will spare you the gory details, but long story short my body flipped out til about 10 this morning...and I ended up dropping 7 pounds in 3 days! Luckily I have an awesome husband (did I already say I love him?), and a good little boy who puts up with a mom who lays on the couch for two days with quickly dwindling milk supply due to dehydration. We had a couple of sleepless nights, but we're all still alive. Jason has caught a bit of the bug as well, hopefully it won't consume his body quite as bad as it did mine.
In other, much happier news, we kind of figured out a food Micah will eat...thus allowing us to slip other foods in between bites! In my delirium on Wednesday a.m. I gave Micah a saltine cracker while I tried to choke one down myself. He LOVED it!
MMMM! Peas and crackers smeared all over his face!
He actually does pretty good feeding himself, but prefers larger pieces of cracker which makes me a little leery. I'm getting over it, slowly.
Do you know how hard it is to feed your child peas while you are nauseated beyond words?
Breathe through your mouth, that's all I've got to say.
This might be one of my favorite pictures to date...my next favorite is below!
I love these two boys!
Micah is by no means crawling yet, but man, he can move. He is getting really good at scooting on his bum in the bath tub, maneuvering himself into the underside of his exersaucer to retrieve toys, and standing. I sit behind him when he stands, he can pull himself up from sitting on my lap to his activity table. These recent changes are great, but I must admit I'm not ready for a crawler yet. Today I tried to get Micah to sign a vow stating he wouldn't crawl until he was at least 10 months old, but he refused.
I'm almost done, I promise...but I must bring up the poo one more time...don't worry, its not about me...or Jason. We think we got to the bottom (no pun intended) of why Micah kept having killer blowouts and pooing all over the floor. In case you missed out, it was nasty and happened 4 out of 5 days last week. We think he's allergic, or at least sensitive, to yogurt. I had been feeding him whole milk yogurt because it was the only thing he would really eat. Last week he started developing red splotches all over his face after eating. At first we thought it was the millet, so we eliminated that. The next day I gave him yogurt again and he broke out once more. He even got splotches on his hands where the yogurt had gotten smeared. We'll try it again in a few months, but for now I think we'll lay off any dairy.
Jason just informed me this is the longest post ever...so I'm done. Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment