Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Changes

This past week has been a little different around here. Jason left at 3:30a.m. last Saturday morning to go prairie dog hunting with my Dad, brother-in-law and 4 other guys. They went to South Dakota, my understanding is that they were only an hour from Mt. Rushmore...so clear on the other side of the state! That morning Micah woke up around 3:45a.m. to eat, which is fine, he usually does and I don't mind it one bit. He usually eats and goes right back to sleep. I laid him down around 4:20 (sometimes I fall asleep in the rocker and lose track of time). It wasn't more than ten minutes and he was crying. It wasn't the usual "I'm bored and awake, come play with me!" cry, but more a hurt cry. I couldn't stand it any longer and got him out of his crib. His diaper was dry, but he was still upset. I felt his gums, and sure enough he had cut his first tooth! I was excited, but also delirious. So, I rocked him a while and he would have nothing of it, but was wide awake. We stayed up until 6am when he finally crashed. What a way to start 6 days without my main man.

I kept Micah and myself busy while Jason was gone. Partially so I wouldn't go crazy being cooped up in our apartment (it was too hot to be outside long), and also so I would have moral support. We stayed with my mom on Sat and Sunday and played with cousins Grady and Seth as well as Aunt Phoebe, Uncle Brandon, and Aunt Amanda. The first picture is of Micah playing on the kitchen floor at 'Grandma Kate's'.
What a little ham! You can't tell by these photos, but he just wasn't himself this past week. I am SUPER close to buying a carrier, as he does NOT want to be put down! Not even in the cart at the grocery store, which he usually loves.

But I digress.

You like his hair? He had prunes EVERYWHERE! So, I washed him up and got his hair wet on accident. I like the spike.
This is Micah's cousin Grady, age 5 1/2, dressing up like a Roman soldier, I'm guessing. Who knows!
And, here is Grady posing with is little brother Seth. They are quite a pair. I don't know how my sister does it. Lots of prayer, bandaids, and time-outs. God bless her soul!

Micah and I also enjoyed a trip to DesMoines to visit my friend Rebekah and her little girl, Ava. Ava is only 5 days younger than Micah. They had a blast, and so did the adults! I would love to share photos, but once again, I know just enough about blogger to be dangerous....its a long story. I'll post some pics of Ava and Micah playing soon...and maybe even their bare booty's.

Jason got home Thursday morning at 1:30. Needless to say, it was not the most opportune moment for me to show my real excitement for his return. He took the first shower he had taken in a week and climbed in bed. We've been soaking up the family time over the past couple of days. On Thursday Micah kept watching Jason. Everywhere Jason went, Micah would follow him, either with his eyes or physically. He loves his daddy!

Micah is getting the whole army crawl down pretty good, and we think his second tooth popped through last night. I am still amazed at how quickly he changes. Jason is more amazed, especially after being gone a few days. He keeps commenting on how big Micah got, I think he did put on some weight. Ava must've given him a hard time while we were in Des Moines. That girl has got some thighs...not that I'm one to talk ;) I feel your pain sista', I feel your pain!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

haha, I would love to see some pic's of them and their naked lil' butts! And yeah, Ava's got it goin' on in the thigh department....She be packin.....love ya!