Grandpa Stan had no trouble warming up to Jude, nor did Jude hesitate to use Grandpa Stan's belly as a pillow! We are so grateful for ALL the help we have received over the past few weeks from family. Jason's mom and sister came the weekend Jude was born and took awesome care of Micah AND our home! The next weekend Jason's dad and step-mom came and spent the weekend spoiling all of us, and my mom has come a come the last two Wednesdays to help. We are blessed to have such a loving, caring family! Along with the help from family we have been blessed to have a TON (literally) of meals made for us! We are overwhelmed with love and blessings, to say the least.
Jude is getting into more of a routine, during the day he usually eats and then is awake for around an hour. He loves to then be swaddled and nursed to sleep...sleeping about an hour at a time. At night I am sleeping with him on my chest while I sleep in the recliner. While I don't want to keep this up for the next 4 years, I am soaking it up while it lasts ;) He does fairly well at night and has even slept for 5 hours in a row a couple of nights! I don't know if you can tell by the picture above, but we're beginning to think he's going to have blue eyes. They seem to get deeper blue by the day!
Micah is doing awesome with Jude...now if we can just get him to stop touching him! He can't keep his hands off of Jude. I'm learning to let go a little and realize he's not going to break Jude, and Micah is learning what "Gentle" means!
This isn't a very good photo, but I still love it! This is a small snapshot of what life with two boys is like! Jason and I are both learning what it means to have balance and how to give both of the boys what they need, when they need it. I'm sure this is something that seasoned mothers can relate to and would say 'doesn't get better, but just changes'. As hard as it is, we love it!!!
3 comments:
Your family is beautiful! Congratulations.
Wow! Jude is changing so much already!! Thank you for your post(s), Dollie. We love to hear how things are going and especially how you write. :)
Y'know, I think Micah is looking more and more like Seth (or Grady?) as he gets older!
We love you guys and miss you terribly!
Thanks for the update and pictures! Love them! So so happy for your family...testosterone overloaded though it may be!
Post a Comment