Here's a quick highlight of what we've been up to this summer:
Iowa Sweet Corn!!! I've found one member of our family who will share in my love for sweet corn. Micah ate two whole ear in one sitting. This native Iowan was quite proud!
The next few pictures are from our spontaneous trip to the Niabi Zoo.
We woke up on a random free Saturday a few weeks ago and decided to hit the zoo.
We LOVE this zoo! It is perfect for the age that our children are at. It is a pretty small zoo, all things considered, but it still has the 'must haves' of a good zoo: lions, elephants, monkeys, zebras, and even a new baby giraffe. I didn't take many pictures, as I was holding Eli in the Moby wrap most of the time, but we had a ton of fun!
A quick snack in the van on the way. We snacked on the way and then ate a late lunch before heading back home. This zoo has a place where you can have a picnic if you wanted to pack a lunch and eat there.
Sweet Eli. He did great! When he got tired I put him in the Moby. He slept for most of the 'tour', and woke up just as we finished up. Daddy and the older boys rode the train while I fed Eli in the car.
This was the only picture I got of Jude. He loved the Monkeys. He is still talking about them!
Micah was covering his ears while the train passed by the Elephant exhibit. Maybe someday he won't be so bothered by 'loud' noises.
Micah peeking through a monkey display. It was really made for older children, so Jude didn't get in on the picture.
Moving on...one night we all had a 'need' for something sweet so I mixed up so no-bake Oatmeal Chocolate Drop Cookies. It was near bed time, so I let the boys lick the bowl instead of eating an actual cookie. They thought it was great! That is Micah's "oh yeah!" pose! He's becoming quite the little boy. It's so bittersweet to watch them grow up!
I took this one just this am. Don't mind the slightly disturbed look on Eli's face. He's starting to smile, but definitely not on command. They are more sleepy smiles or random spontaneous smiles. Although, he LOVES Micah's voice and will almost always smile for Micah.
Speaking of sleep, I just took this today, mostly for record keeping and to remember how 'small' he is.
Man I love this kid. I was just telling Jason the other night how I love all of our kids equally, but that there's a special bond between a mother and her infant. He just melts my heart.
Our sweet little 'swaddle bug'.
No comments:
Post a Comment