One of my co-workers generously offered to make a baby quilt for me...and I quickly accepted. I found the fabric at a local quilt shop with the help of my Aunt Candi, my mom and my sister Phoebe. I knew I wanted primary colors...since the sex of this child is yet to be revealed, and I feel like the whole pastel theme is overdone. I also have an affinity for older fabrics...or their remakes ;) This quilt was sampled at the store and came as a kit, so I got to see the finished product before I even bought the fabric.
In case you cant tell, I'm very very excited about this quilt!
In other news...the baby still loves my right ribcage, especially after I've eaten, or while I'm eating. Jason is amazed at its movement and said the other night, "that was like a real kick"...um, yes, it was! I have managed to keep the swollen ankles to a minimum, which I feel is a huge blessing, as it is hotter than hot here these days.
Thank you for reading and keep coming back for more updates!
7 comments:
Dollie,
I love baby Blackley's nice quilt. It will be a perfect nursery addition for a baby girl or boy, just as you said! Enjoy these months, and stay cool.
Love & Prayers,
Laura (& Matt)
What a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing your life and your baby-days with us through this blog.
The quilt is awesome-fits your theme beautifully and a real blessing as you prepare your lives for this little one to join you.
We love & miss all 3 of you!
Dad & Teresa
Way cute! We are also a fan of the primary colors...although Abbie's room is a bit of this and a bit of that. Things look like they are starting to come together in the baby's room. He or she will be here before you know it.
Dollie,
This is a neat idea! I love the quilt (primary colors are always a good choice) and the nursery is coming along nicely.
I wish you comfort during all this summer heat! Yikes!
Miss you and anxious to see this baby!
Love and hugs,
Gramma C
aww that is so beautiful! I love it! And I am so glad that you are blogging! I am not sure if I am going to make it through the Aug heat! What about you?
Love the quilt Dollie! Looks like the baby room is starting to come together...how exciting!!!
Dollie and Jason:
Found your blog through Missy's!! So glad to see what you are up to and be able to be a part of your lives (weird to think that cyberspace allows me to do that!)!! Anyway, it was so fun to see my kids' crib put to use again!! The quilt is fabulous. I agree pastels are overdone! I love what you chose!
Praying for your comfort these last weeks!
Love,
Travis for the Prachar clan
Post a Comment