Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finishing Touches







So, I am still with child. My doctor informed me that she will let me go up to two weeks overdue before inducing me...so up to the 24th of October. Honestly, as uncomfortable and cranky as I am, I am not so sure I want to be induced unless completely necessary. Friday was my last day at work and it ended on a good note, for which I am thankful. The night was fairly uneventful, yet challenging enough to confirm my/Jason's decision that I should not work again until the baby has arrived.



I am slightly intimidated by the possiblity of 2 whole weeks of free time before baby Blackley makes its entrance, but I am praying that God will provide and I am taking it one day at a time. I already have a list of things to accomplish tomorrow, along with my now bi-weekly visit to the hospital to have a non-stress test. Last Wednesday I was informed that my doctor would like me to start having 2 non-stress tests a week just to keep a close eye on everything. This is not ideal, but I am also not complaining...the way I see it, it could be WAY worse and so far everything has checked out just fine. Its just one of the perks, yet drawbacks, of having modern medicine.

This weekend Jason and I put the finishing touches on the 'nursery'. I am including a couple of pictures. These flash cards were my inspiration for the primary colored theme and I am so excited to finally have them up! We had fun hanging them; I think they add a nice splash of color to our white, white walls. I say 'nursery' because behind me is our washer and dryer, and a desk. This baby will have very cramped quarters for a while, but once again...things could be WAY worse. Who knows, maybe the sound of clothes washing and drying will soothe it to sleep!





6 comments:

Prachar family said...

Everything looks really chic and READY for the baby!! What a great idea to put the flashcards on the wall! I love it! Now, we just need that baby to come out! I was induced twice and would never think of doing it any other way! Super convenient and helped mentally to know that there was an end to the torture...I mean pregnancy!
Still praying here!
Travis

The Isbells said...

You're doing great Dolls! God is preparing the day and event for total glorification. The baby needs some extra baking time, no need to rush perfection. Love you!
Missy

Rebekah said...

yay, your decorating is adorable~ Doesn't it feel great to have that done? Now he/she can come. Although I don't think you would have minded if he/she had come before the flashcards were up. Am I right? :) Hang in there fellow prego, we're almost there!!

Marner Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marner Family said...

I know it is not easy to hear, but enjoy these last few "extra" days before baby is born ... you will look back and be so thankful for them. My mom used to put my brother in a laundry basket wrapped in blankets and on top of the running dryer ... said it was one of the few ways to get him to sleep. My prayers will be with you to go naturally! May abundant blessings fall upon you. -beryl

Teresa said...

Thank you for the post! You are in our prayers constantly and as excited as we are to meet this incredible gift from God, we are very thankful that things are going so well. (Stan & I seem to sleep much lighter these days!)

I know it's hard not to wish these days away. Even after Wee Baby Blackley arrives, the temptation will be to wish and hurry the trying, tiring, or frustrating days away, too, and they will go quickly enough as it is.

We love you!
Phil 4:6-8