Not Me Monday consists of a list of things I did NOT do this week. (I am cheating a little because one of the things I did NOT do, I actually did NOT do a couple of weeks ago...but it was too good to not share).
I did NOT decided to do this because I am NOT running out of things to do before this baby comes. I am NOT at all excited to meet baby Blackley and I do NOT find myself wishing time away until he/she comes.
I did NOT almost cry on Sunday when my feet were so swollen, someone told me I looked like I had CHF (congestive heart failure). It was NOT a man, and I did NOT have to restrain myself or remind myself that he will never understand and didn't say it to make me more insane than I'm already NOT!
I did NOT drop a full bottle of tylenol on the ground, and they did NOT scatter everywhere. I also did NOT leave them for my husband to pick up as I scurried out the door to work yesterday. I did NOT justify my insane, rude behavior with the "I'm Pregnant" excuse.
I did NOT wash our entire checkbook, register and all...I also did NOT dry the entire checkbook. I am NOT still finding pieces of it amidst laundry, two weeks later. I also did NOT start to blame it on my husband, (it was in his pants pocket), then realize that I was NOT the goofball that did that load of laundry.
I did NOT try to go on a nice walk with my husband Sunday night. This walk was NOT motivated by selfish ambition to get labor started. We did NOT get as far away from home as possible before I did NOT get the worst side stitch ever. I did NOT have to walk 100 feet then rest before I did NOT decide to send my husband home to get the van to pick my side achein' self up. I was NOT in the least frustrated or embarrased.
I have NOT eaten so many Tums this week that I have to weigh the relief of heartburn over the chance of kindey stones. I am NOT down to 8 Tums and I am NOT threatening this child's eviction before those 8 Tums are gone.
I did NOT eat spaghetti for breakfast yesterday. I also did NOT wonder later why my stomach hurt.
I did NOT find it at all humerous that my mother freaked out after calling all 3 phone lines we have within 5 minutes without getting one answer. I was NOT at all tempted to make her wait a couple of hours before responding....thus letting her conclude we were for sure in the hospital.
Last but not least:
I am NOT going to punch the next person that looks straight at me, bulging waist and all, and asks..."You're still pregnant?"
Hopefully this brings a smile to your day and gives you a few laughs at the expense of my temporary insanity.
Please join Travis and I in this fun little post and let us know the things you have NOT done this week.
6 comments:
LOL
What a great way to get it all out while also amusing all of us! I don't think I have anything nearly so funny going on, but if I can come up with something I'll post it too!
Dollie:
I love it, so well done, the pregnant version of NM!M!!! Isn't it therapeutic??!? You will love reading this years from now too!! Praying for you, and glad I don't have to be on the receiving end of a punch since I already know you are still pregnant!! I hope you have someone assigned to blog duty after Baby Blackley makes his/her debut so I can get all the gory details! I know you will also throw in some great medical jargon...it could be our secret code!!! So excited for you! BTW, I tried to walk Riley out of me for 6 days, I also tried to scrub the floors on my hands and knees. I think the foot massage was the most effective (and if not, its heavenly!!).
Anxiously,
Travis
That was flippin' hilarious Dolls!
Saw that you were doing "Not Me Mondays" on Travis' blog and thought I'd check it out. So hilarious!!! Good luck with everything coming up!! Can't wait to hearthe "Not Me's" after you give birth;)
Hey Dolly! Your list was awesome and hilarious! We all understand completely!!! Hang in there!
Post a Comment