Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new!

My friend Amanda introduced me to this blog called Prudent Baby. It has super fun, do-it-yourself tips and many many things that look fun, but that I will never find the time to do. The other night I found this great pattern and decided to go for it. It was a pattern to make a pair of toddler pants out of an old sweater.
I've had this sweater for at least 6 years and gotten a lot of wear of out of it, but its getting worn out and pilly all over. I didn't want to just throw it away, and the pattern was GREAT for this project. So....last night I went for it. It seriously would've taken me 30 minutes from start to finish, IF I hadn't sewn it inside out first! Ripping the seam out took the longest time just because of the woven sweater!

Here's the sweater before:


And the pants After:


I still need to put the elastic in, but once I do, they're done!!! I can't wait to try them out. I'm not sure if they'll fit Micah or Jude better. I think if I roll down the cuff they'll fit MJ, but if I roll up the cuff they'll fit Jude. My kind of pants!

6 comments:

The Isbells said...

Or if you take the hem out they'll fit Willow! :P

SO COOL! Can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Those are so cute! I'm impressed!

The Chidisters said...

Dollie! I LOVE this - and am secretly happy that I have a friend who likes Prudent Baby as much as I do. Super cute pants - can't wait to see them on one of your boys! Better do it before it gets too warm!

Bri said...

Dollie, those look great! Super cute and how wonderful that you could use them on either boy! I may have to try this...I'm sure it would work on long sleeve t-shirts also and I have several of those in my donation pile...and maybe short sleeve shirts for shorts? Oh, I really need to get my sewing machine up and running!

Laura said...

Dollie, I've seen that blog and felt the same way before... lots of amazing ideas, too little time :) Your sweater pants look wonderful, I'm very impressed - I think it's even inspired me to check out some of her very cute little girl things (maybe a onesie dress I remember seeing!?) Great sewing friend!

Prachar family said...

oh my gosh, those are adorable! What a fabulous idea!