One of our favorite fall spots in the Iowa City area is Wilson's Apple Orchard. They have a great orchard and some beautiful non-fruit bearing trees mingled in.
One afternoon we headed out to the orchard. The weather was great, and we wanted to get some exercise in...it was a win, win.
I tried moving this picture, but I'm to impatient or don't know enough...or something. Regardless, this was actually near the end of our trek. We got all through the orchard and came to where you cross back over their creek...except the water was pretty high. We carried the boys over and then Jason went back and got our apples and wagon. Luckily we have a sweet collapsable wagon, thanks to Grandma Cindy.
Micah had fun picking up apples and throwing the rotten ones.
Jude liked feeling the grass in his fingers. We tried to get him to walk and he didn't want to. Whatever.
Piggy-back rides.
Micah wanted to walk for part of our walk through the orchard. Notice, that he doesn't have his shoes on. Love it!
One bite here, one bite there.
We all enjoyed a taste of fall.
On our way down the hill...which means at the end you have to go back up. I told Micah I remember walking up the big hill at Wilson's Apple Orchard just a few days before he was born trying to get him to come out. It didn't work.
The apples ended up in pies...as most apples should.
No comments:
Post a Comment