I just caught up, so make sure you check out Apple Pickin, Messes and Bonks, and Iowa State Fair 2011. It's feast or famine 'round here.
It seems like we've had a lot of family time over the past few weeks. Most think that summer time should bring ample family time, but this past summer proved otherwise for the Blackley family.
Needless to say, we are loving the family time now.
Since we could care less who wins the Iowa State/Iowa football game, we decided that during the game would be a good time to head out for some fun. Man were we right. It's a ghost town during the game.
After many recommendations we decided to check out Sass Family Farm. While we were a little early in the season, I think this is our new favorite fall farm. And everything is free! I hear you have to pay for the tractor rides, but they weren't going when we went.
We were literally the only ones there, like I said, a little early in the season. Even the owners weren't there. They had produce out with a box and a sign to put the money for what you buy in the box....only in Iowa. Everything was very reasonably priced, so I bought a mum, a few small pumpkins, some garlic and some very beautiful indian corn.
They have a small 'zoo' of farm animals. The boys loved seeing the animals...and feeding them their own feathers. Micah kept picking up turkey feathers and sticking them through the cage.
And we wonder why he needed stitches at 17 months!
I'm pretty sure they don't want to eat their own feathers, Micah.
Jude loved the sheep.
The farm also has a bunch of kids outdoor toys and a huge sand box for the kids to play in.
We will be visiting this place at least one more time this season!
1 comment:
What a neat place! I will be sure to take my boys sometime soon!
-Robyn from http://tipsfromtheheart.blogspot.com
Post a Comment