
Tell me this isn't the cutest little guy ever...seriously, I dare you to look me in the eye and tell me that. In the past week Micah has began to smile a lot...it makes every cry and scream worth it! He has also lost his hair on top...the only resembelence of my family is his male pattern baldness...he looks like my dad! Sorry dad, but its true ;)

So we started to use the infamous Fuzzibunz this week. They are working out really well...although I notice that he pees more, or it seems like it anyway. It seems like I get him changed, sit down and he's wet again...good thing they're reusable!

You will notice most of the pictures are taken on our changing table...thats because he loves being there. Its probably because he knows we're going to let his little bum hang out in the wind...what is it about little boys loving to be naked?

Can't you just see a little caption about his head saying "I got you babe!" Too cute!

And a dimple...when he smiles real big Micah gets the cutest dimples!

Simple, but adorable...I LOVE his feet...they are so tiny and precious...and perfect. I am reminded of God's power and attention to detail when I look at his feet. Just think, at 15-ish weeks gestation he had little feet and even littler toes...it blows my mind!

These next few pics are on his 'one month birthday'. Someone gave me the idea to take a picture every month of your child next to a big stuffed animal to show their growth. We live in a very small apartment and don't have room for a large stuffed animal that will only be used as a prop...so I decided to put him in the rocking chair. We splurged and got this rocking chair before he was born, we also got the ottoman that glides with it...amazing! I honestly don't know what I would do without it...yes I do... I would go see our chiropractor, Dr. Cupp, every day! It was worth every penny...and better be around for a long time-which is why I chose to put Micah in it. He had trouble sitting up, hopefully DHS doesnt find these pictures and take him away for child endangerment!

Kind of smiling...its the best we've got!

Micah sleeping on Grandma Teresa's chest...too precious, and cozy!

Micah and Grandpa Stan (or should we say Uncle Stan?), I accidentally called Jason's dad Uncle Stan while they were here visiting...I don't think he appreciated it very much...and I'll never hear the end of it ;)
Micah is still coughing, but it doesn't seem to be getting worse, just not better at the rate I would like it to. He has been getting fussy at bed time, for anywhere from half and hour to an hour and a half! He screamed forever the other night, but then crashed at 11pm and woke up at 5 am! I guess the 6 hours of sleep were worth the hour and a half of inconsolable crying! Roll with the punches, right?
Jason and I are enjoying all of the time we are getting to spend together. Before Micah was born I worked evenings, so we didnt see a whole lot of each other. Jason's flexible schedule allowed us to see each other more than most couples would have, but it still put a cramp in our relationship. We are loving this schedule...for the most part it will stay the same, except I am going to be going back to work two evenings a week starting January 8th...but we aren't talking about that yet ;)
Enough babbling for now, I hope you enjoy the pictures of our little man!
3 comments:
What awesome pictures!! I've heard it said that caring for your newborn is very similar to boot-camp... once you pass the first 4-5 weeks you know you're going to make it. You begin to "receive" as the smiles and interaction begin and that's all we need to round the next corner.
Thank you for sharing! We're looking forward to seeing you guys in just a couple of weeks! Love, Teresa
What awesome pics!! Fo loved his changing table - he would hang out there alone laughing at Fan for 30 minutes sometimes - he even napped there once! That's not the case anymore, enjoy!!
He would also get fussy at a key point every night (now it's due to waiting on dinner!) and I remember Leslie telling me that out of all her kids, only one didn't get fussy at some point at night! That was reassuring to me. As you said, roll with the punches! It goes so fast, it really will be a blink of an eye in the big picture.
Much love,
Missy
Great pictures! LOVE the dimples...he really is ADORABLE!! I also love the "1 month" sign, what a great idea! I think you're safe from DHS, he looked perfectly safe in the big rocker! Love seeing him grow!
Post a Comment