Thursday, April 14, 2011

Please Don't Judge

*Dear Grandparents, here is a post with pictures, just in case you missed it. Please don't judge me for not putting pictures on this post ;)



Please Don't Judge

Please don't judge me by the length of my hair, the size of my butt, or the complexion of my skin.

Please don't judge me by how well, or poorly, my children sleep.

Please don't judge me by the size of my home, or the clutter that resides in it.

Please don't judge me by the amount of creamer I put in my coffee.

Please don't judge me by the size of the diamond on my finger.

Please don't judge me by my son's eczema or birth marks.

Please don't judge me by our 12 year old van, with over 200,000 miles and mis-matched door handles.

Please don't judge me if I choose to work outside of the home one day a week.

Please don't judge me by the pile of laundry on our living room floor.

Please don't judge me for cloth diapering.

Please don't judge me based on whether or not my son knows his alphabet or colors.

Please don't judge me because I've never traveled to far off lands or beautiful countries.


Rather, please judge me based on these things:

The way I speak of my husband when he is not around.

The beauty that comes from within, that can't be sculpted by a surgeon or by applying makeup, but rather formed and graciously given by the Maker and Creator.

The love I have for my children, even when they embarrass me, reveal my flaws, and wear me out.

The way I strive to make our home a place that is welcoming to all and a place where guests feel at home.

The way I treat people, whether they are my best of friends, strangers, or enemies.

The way I strive to teach our children about their disobedience being a heart issue instead of just being 'good kids'.

The way we do our best to live debt free, even if it means living in a home that is, at times, way too small or driving a van that is not shiny our pretty.

The way my husband and I are committed to each other, through thick and thin, taking the covenant of marriage to be a sacred commitment put in place by our Heavenly Father.

The way our family prays for other nations, missionaries, and un-reached people groups.

The faith by which we live. Relying on our Heavenly Father for peace, patience, but also for provision and wisdom.


***Please do not think I am delirious enough to think that I actually live out all of these things perfectly. That is not the point. All I am asking is that if you are going to judge me, please judge me by things that actually matter and have an Eternal impact.

I will strive to do the same for you.

Please and Thank You





5 comments:

Amy Fellows said...

I don't consider your home small and I had no idea your van had mismatched handles. (Really?) But I DO know your home to always be welcoming, and you to be one of the most beautiful women of God I know!!! Nice post Dollie :)

Jennifer said...

Dollie -
I'm not sure we've ever "officially" met, but know that I love your blog and I love this post :) I say Amen to all you listed.

Jennifer Essington

Unknown said...

love you, friend! thanks for challenging me! so thankful for you!

Teresa said...

Beautifully said!!

Amanda said...

Personally, I am amazed by how well your children sleep...the way they wake up may leave something to be desired, ;) This spoke volumes to me...I strive to judge even myself on what really matters sometimes...thank you, Dollie.