Monday, January 19, 2009

I Never Thought!

Once again, I'm technoloically challenged and I uploaded the pics backwards...doh! Anyway, this is my cute little nephew Seth. Jason and I enjoyed the company of my sister Phoebe and her husband Brandon last night. My mom is so Micah crazy that she sent her digital camera with Phoebe to take pictures...she's going to see him on Saturday! Crazy Grandmas! So, she only has the memory card that came with the camera, which is worthless...it holds 12 pictures! We downloaded the pictures off of her camera and filled it with more pics of Micah to pacify her without losing the pictures she had already taken (she's even more technologicllly challenged than I am ). These are a few of the pictures I found this morning from that download. Aparently they made brownies or some sort of chocolate! She is a great grandma, very active and willing to get her hands dirty to please her very active grandchildren!
Mmmm liking the spoon. Needless to say I'm never eating brownies at grandma's house again! Just kidding! This is Seth again with his brother Grady. Seth is almost 3 and Grady is 5. My sister, Amanda, has her hands full!

Look at this little guy! He's changing every day....really. Yesterday he took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon (can you say hallelulia, sp?), when he got up I told Jason that I think he grew just in that 3 hours! Crazy! He's finally getting some hair back on top...no more mr. baldy!


This is my mom last weekend holding Micah while he sleeps! A grandmother's dream, right! Isn't she beautiful? I just love my mom! She really is one of the most gorgeous 50 something women I know...and its real! No plastic surgery here...her secret? Moistuize, moistuize, moistuize! man! I can't spell today, I have no idea if thats spelled right?!? Anyway, she's beautiful, inside and out!



My favorite one of all of these pictures! We were doing patty cake last night and Phoebe snapped this one. Look at what a little man he's becoming!

Now, on to the real post!
Usually I spend my Monday's posting what I did not do that week. Well, fortunately I can't think of that many things I did not do this week...so I'm going to post things I never thought I'd do...along with a few precious pics of little Micah!
I never thought I'd love my husband more than the day I married him...I love him more every day!
I never thought I'd let my kid sleep all night in the swing...even at 3 months old!
I never thought I'd be okay with him sleeping in the swing...I am!
I never thought motherhood would bring so many insecurities...and so many joys!
I never thought I'd use phonics to spell hallelulia...I STILL don't know how to spell it! grr!
I never thought I'd get excited because my son drank out of a bottle!
On the other hand, I never thought I would LOVE the bond that breastfeeding brings!
I never thought I'd be okay with going back to work...I am okay with it and now have a renewed passion to make it part of my ministry!
I never thought I'd wish for warmth and green grass...especially after being in my last trimester of pregnancy during the summer months! I would've paid someone to dump 2 feet of snow outside my doorstep!
I never thought I'd decide to leave a poopy onesie on my son....just because it had a little bit of poo, not a lot! I never thought I'd leave him in an outfit for 2-3 days because he hadn't pooped or peed on it yet! On the other hand, I never thought I'd go through 5 outfits in one day either!
I never thought this infant phase would be hard for me. I never thought that it being hard would leave me with a guilt trip and feeling like a bad mom because I don't necessarily enjoy this phase. I never thought I would find other mom's who would agree and make me feel a little less horrible.
I never thought I'd have a c-section. I never thought all of my worst fears of birthing would come true...being induced AND having a c-section. I never thought that I would still have pain when I sneeze...3 months later. I never thought I would do ANYTHING for a child...then I had one!
Micah is awake now, that's my blogging limit for today!

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

I LOVED this post! I laughed, I cried...I looked up how to spell MOISTURIZE and HALLELUJAH! No kidding, I had to look them up on Merriam Webster online!
Thanks for sharing your heart!

I am so technologically challenged that I had to read that first part several times to follow what you were talking about!!

Your man is getting SO big and adorable. I think he is going to HATE those dimples that make him so adorable when he is a little older!!!